Preventative Care at Forsyth Veterinary Hospital in Winston-Salem
As much as you love your pet, you may dread the thought of putting them through elaborate, expensive treatment for a serious disease or disorder. But what if you could minimize the risk of such occurrences in the first place? You can, just by simply bringing your pet in for regularly scheduled preventative exams. Here at Forsyth Veterinary Hospital, our Winston-Salem veterinarian is more than happy to give your pets all the preventative care they need.
Why Is Preventative Care So Important?
It might seem counterintuitive to take your pet to the veterinary clinic when he isn't sick or injured -- and yet, this can actually be the best time to do so. That's because many diseases and disorders begin slowly and silently, without you or your pet noticing anything wrong until you're suddenly dealing with a severe problem. Fortunately, these issues can often be identified through diligent preventative exams, enabling us to administer immediate care to prevent catastrophe. Other forms of preventative care can be administered even before there are any conditions to detect, giving your pet advance protection.
Types of Preventative Pet Services
Forsyth Veterinary Hospital offers a complete range of preventative pet services. These services include:
- Comprehensive exams - Annual comprehensive exams allow us to evaluate your pet's organ function, vital signs, weight, external appearance, cognitive function and much more. Once your pet becomes geriatric, we may recommend two exams er year instead of one.
- Dental care - Dental checkups help us detect periodontal disease, infections, oral cancer, and other problems that may need treating. Teeth cleaning does away with the tartar buildup that attracts dangerous bacteria.
- Spay/neuter surgery - Spay and neuter surgery can prevent reproductive cancers in pets. It also eliminates behavioral hazards related to sexual urges.
- Vaccinations - Vaccination block specific diseases by priming the immune system to fight those diseases off.
- Pest/parasite prevention - We can administer monthly pest and parasite preventatives to keep these disease-carrying invaders away from your pet.
- Nutritional counseling - We can recommend special diets or other strategies to help you prevent obesity in your pet, sparing him many potential health problems.
- Behavioral counseling - We can determine whether your pet's behavioral issues are caused by an underlying health condition, or whether he could benefit from training and other positive corrective steps.
Schedule a Preventative Pet Wellness Exam with our Veterinarian in Winston-Salem
Your pet’s wellness depends on you. Do the right thing for them by calling Forsyth Veterinary Hospital in Winston-Salem at 336-750-6300 to schedule a preventative exam. We look forward to helping your furry family member enjoy an optimal state of health!