Digital X-Ray Services from Your Veterinary Hospital in Winston-Salem
At Forsyth Veterinary Hospital, your preferred veterinary hospital in Winston-Salem, we take advantage of the latest technological developments to improve how we diagnose and treat each animal that comes into our facility.
One important example is the digital x-rays that we take before preparing your pet for surgery. This state-of-the-art pet scan option provides a number of benefits that you will want to keep in mind.
Benefits of Digital X-rays in Support of Pet Surgery
Your Winston-Salem veterinarian will often need to do some diagnostic testing before considering pet surgery. We use digital x-ray equipment because of the many benefits it provides:
- Spend less time under anesthesia - Many pet owners have concerns about how much time their animal will have to remain under anesthesia. We need to anesthetize dogs and cats before scanning them because the sedation helps keep them calm and keeps them from moving during the x-ray. With digital x-rays, there is no photographic film to develop and the entire process goes much more quickly.
- Improved diagnostics - Ordinary film-based x-rays do not have the high resolution that digital x-rays provide. Consequently, our digital x-rays allow us to see what’s happening inside your pet in much greater detail. This means, for example, that the vet can discover signs of a disease much earlier than would be possible with old-fashioned film-based x-rays. Digital x-rays allow for more accurate and more detailed images, helping us get your animal back on the road to recovery sooner.
- Reduced exposure to x-rays - X-rays have an energetic power that we need to protect against. For example, you may have worn a lead apron when getting an x-ray at the dentist, to avoid scanning any area beyond your mouth. The less exposure your pet has to x-rays, the better. Digital x-rays rely on powerful sensors that allow us to use lower power x-rays to get the same diagnostic images.
- Environmentally friendly - “Going green” is a high priority for many people these days. When you choose digital x-rays, you are doing your part to protect the environment. Since there is no photographic film to discard of and no chemicals needed to develop images, digital x-rays are friendlier to the environment.
- Helps get vital information to consulting veterinarians - In some cases; your vet at Forsyth Veterinary Hospital will need to refer your pet cat or dog to another veterinarian. Thanks to digital x-rays, our team can quickly and easily transmit the scans to their office. This speeds up the time to consultation with the other vet and this means that your pet will be able to get treated faster too.
Make an Appointment for a Digital X-ray Pet Scan at Forsyth Veterinary Hospital Today!
Whether you need dog surgery or cat surgery services for your beloved pet, diagnosis and treatment are faster and easier when you rely on digital x-rays. For more information about the advantages of using digital x-rays or to book an appointment with your preferred Winston-Salem vet, please contact Forsyth Veterinary Hospital today at 336-750-6300